The GLFT accepts proposals under our funding categories at different times throughout the year. Review important dates to the left for deadlines.
If the GLFT is currently accepting proposals for one of our grant categories, it will be listed under active grant opportunities. Click below to browse active grant opportunities. Application requirements are provided for each of our funding opportunities in the Application Guidance Documents below. More information about each of our grant programs and our funding priorities is available on our Grants page. Our Grant Library is also a useful resource for grant seekers; it includes information about projects that have received funding support from the GLFT.
2017 Application Guidance Documents
- 2017 Ecosystem Health and Sustainable Fish Populations: Habitat Protection and Restoration
- 2017 Ecosystem Health and Sustainable Fish Populations: Ecological and Biological Research to Inform Management
- 2017 Ecosystem Health and Sustainable Fish Populations: Social, Economic and Technology Research to Inform Policy and Practice
- 2017 Great Lakes Stewardship (Non-GLSI)
- 2017 Great Lakes Stewardship Initiative Request for Proposals for Base Funding of Existing Regional Hubs
2016 Application Guidance Documents
Application Guidance Documents from the previous year are provided for each of our grant programs for reference purposes until the new version is released. If you are interested in applying for a grant through a forthcoming RFP, you may review the documents from prior years to familiarize yourself with our program requirements. Generally, the content we require does not change much year to year – but we do make revisions on an annual basis. Be sure to use the 2017 Guidance Documents when submitting an application.
Policies and Forms